Saturday, December 6, 2014

::: III :::


















Alex and I traveled down to my ol' college town, Ashland, for the weekend to catch up and shoot with our talented friend Claire. She and I shot for hours documenting looks I styled with a mix of items from Three Penny Mercantile vintage and a few of my own.

When Claire and I met for our first "photo play-date" (basically what I call being a model and a photographer during the same photoshoot) last year, we clicked instantly. Both of us adored the same art forms and a never-ending love of vintage. Her apartment was the most idyllic retro living space I've ever seen in real life: it was decorated carefully and classically with a hint of Alaskan cabin (Alaska is where she grew up). She still has an incredible collection of old, ornate items that I've been lucky to boggle at several times. Not only is this lady ultra chic and gorgeous, she's also a wonderful photographer who won Best of Show ("Emerging") in a competition called PDX Squared with a picture she took of me in one of her vintage dresses. Needless to say, she's a lovely friend and we always have a lot of fun together.

Dana, the store owner and creator of Three Penny Mercantile vintage continues to be a sweet vintage maven. I used to work at the (now closed) PDX Three Penny, where jazz or French music would often be played by moi and my rad manager. Oh, I now own this trench that I lusted after over the months I worked at her old store. It's marvelous. 


look I - three penny :: ornate vintage oversized blazer : black lace-up booties ::
mine :: black and silver wrist " slave " chain ring : black seamed tights ::

look II - three penny :: white crochet bra top bandeau : vintage black and gold open toe pumps :: 
mine :: black seamed tights : vintage pastel pink ring : golden claw point ring : pastel crane earrings ::

look III - three penny :: vintage white chunky knit cardigan : vintage red/orange skirt ::
mine :: black seamed tights : vintage brown booties ::
claire :: vintage light flower blouse ::


:: outtake bonus pic :: aka : name this creature ::


Copyright : Portraits By Claire
Edits : Ammalynn / Claire
2014






1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh I really love photos and the whole outfit, especially your hair, its looks so classy and perfect, makes me want to cut my hair again and again! :))

    ReplyDelete