Sunday, October 12, 2014

::: Jackie :::


























Jackie Kennedy Onassis . . .

When I worked at Buffalo Exchange, I snagged this pillbox hat as soon as it was in their inventory. Jackie-O popularized the pillbox hat back in the early 1960's. So with Jackie in mind, for this look I kept my sheath dress classic and my shoes stylish but low to the ground. Classic & timeless. 

But what the former U.S. First Lady was known for wearing the most were large sunglasses. I, too, use sunglasses in every season. When walk out the door, I have to have sunglasses because of my (what Allison Harvard aptly named) "vampire eyes" -- large eyeballs mean more light and wind sensitivity. Shades can really flesh a look out style-wise and help to repel eye discomfort. When it's a grey day with lots of wind in Portland, I call glasses "windshields." 

I've been so happy with my cat-eye sunglasses from Wholesale Celeb Shades. They recently interviewed me with some really fun questions, one in particular where I talk about "Naked Girl's Night" with my friends. . . . (Check the interview out here!)

black 1960's pillbox hat :: vintage :: buffalo exchange
black retro round cateye sunglasses :: wholesale celeb shades
black peplum sheath dress :: stop staring :: buffalo exchange
small silver watch :: vintage :: family heirloom 
faux reptile skin tassel loafers :: stuart weitzman :: goodwill
faux reptile skin envelope clutch :: vintage :: ebay





All photos Copyright : Ammalynn


1 comment: