Friday, September 26, 2014

::: September Song :::













Happy autumn!!

Fall is my favorite time of the year; fashion-wise, I'm happy that I don't have to wear minimal clothes because of hot weather, and boots get to return as a staple in my wardrobe (especially in Portland, where it's raining so much) -- oh, the list goes on (so expect more with upcoming posts)....

This outfit was perfect for a muggy, drizzly, fall day where it was too sticky out to wear a jacket.
The chiffon blouse seemed somewhat equestrian to me, so I added boots that were riding-inspired. To add to the English '60's vibe (though "pussy-bow" tie-neck blouses came into fashion in the '70's), I added a bowler hat and cat-eye sunglasses.

These sunglasses from Wholesale Celeb Shades really sealed this look -- they really make it apparent that I was going for a retro look and they add some extra fun. (I'm basically obsessed with these sunglasses now -- thanks C.S!!)

Fun fact: most of the items in this outfit are second-hand but newer, brand-name items (only the hat & sunglasses were purchased new)!

To achieve a vintage-inspired look with newer pieces, choose a statement piece that hails back to a different era, such as this blouse with the tie-neck. Just add a few smaller retro or vintage accessories to complete your retro vibe. Vuala! 

bowler hat : H&M  
cat-eye sunglasses : Wholesale Celeb Shades 
earrings : modified from vintage 
white tie-neck "pussy bow" blouse : Zara (similar at missguided)  
black velvet crop pants : Gap  
equestrian boots : my Great Aunt  
clear umbrella : Portland City Liquidators 


::: September Song ::: Sarah Vaughan :::




3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite look of yours! Those shades are amazing.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3 It's definitely my fave too so far!!

      Delete
  2. Just found this blog. Love your style (great black and white combo) and photography.

    ReplyDelete