Wednesday, January 7, 2015

::: The Circle Game :::












Surrender to the coziness

I'd been on the lookout for a blushing pink-colored sweater until I finally found this '90's Laura Ashley oversized mock-neck cableknit that I could wear as a dress. Obviously, I was beyond psyched, man (peace sign). I have a bit of an affinity for dusty or pale colors -- bright colors are not my thing. This sweater was a chance to lighten up my usually dark palette and go for greys and browns for a somewhat neutral, comfy look.

I wanted to balance the greys out and keep the pink as a pop of color but add a bit of toughness to the girly look with combat boots and silver jewelry. But I wore these leggings throughout the day, took pictures at sunset and later found they did not work out in these photos (in my opinion) because they were too baggy by that point in the day. Such a bummer, but it's all a part of learning -- I'll never do that again! But hey, the grey vintage men's "porkpie" (that name... ehh) hat kind of keeps your eyes off it... right?

::: grey men's vintage porkpie hat :: pale pink oversized vintage cotton cableknit sweater :: laura ashley :: light grey scarf :: h&m :: grey panel leggings :: target (cira '12) :: brown combat boots :: forever 21 (circa '10) :::





( [music description] : a beautiful observation of life : 
"We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came

And go round and round and round

In the circle game" )





Photos: Alex Baumann
Copyright: Amanda Hatheway
2015




4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog!
    The jumper and the hat are sooo cool!
    Kisses!

    www.eldiariodeshyris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, I love your style, but you know it :D this shade of pink is fantastic!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I don't think the leggings are noticeable at all, and I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything haha! I love the vintage sweater and that hat is just awesome! Great style!! :)

    ReplyDelete